I’m still building this out and adding to it, but these are some of the resources we’ve found helpful and I think could help others.
If you are grieving, first of all – I am so sorry. Everyone’s grief journey is unique and heartbreaking. I have compiled a list of resources that have been helpful for us. These are almost all directly related to infant loss and the associated grief:
- Molly Bears – they create weighted teddy bears for families coping with any form of infant loss. We have a ‘Lucas Henry bear’ and we cherish him.
- Still Standing Magazine – this online magazine is a one-stop shop.
- MIS – our support group. If you are in the Northern VA area and have experienced infant loss, I encourage you to check it out.
For Supporters of Grievers
If you know or love someone who is grieving, you can be a huge help to them in a time of extreme need. I’ve found that people often don’t know what to say, so they say nothing. Reaching out is ALWAYS better than doing nothing. I hope the below resources may help you support your loved one through their journey of grief:
- Helping Someone Who is Grieving – practical tips to support a griever.
- Do Me a Favor: Say His Name – hearing someone say Luke to me is a gift.
- 6 Tips for Talking to Parents Who are Grieving
- What Mother’s Day Feels Like After a Stillbirth